Job’s Close offers 34 single rooms, all with en-suites, and some with shower facilities, and there is a Parker Bath on each floor for assisted bathing.
With accommodation on two floors, there are two passenger lifts and stair lifts for easy access by residents. The original building was a ‘gentleman’s residence’ constructed in 1902, which subsequently became a school, before opening as a residential home in 1957. A major extension was opened in 2002, when a purpose built wing was added.
On the ground floor there is a large dining room with an adjacent activities room which is also used for dining. There is a conservatory next to the dining room, and two further large lounges with televisions. In the newer part of the building there are small quiet lounges both on the ground and first floors.
We provide an appetising and healthy diet, using fresh produce and alternatives are always available on request. Special diets are catered for. Each room has a telephone point and TV socket for residents personal use.
A hairdressing salon is situated on the first floor, and a number of hairdressers visit on a weekly basis, with residents paying for their services.
The home employs an Activities Co-ordinator to help stimulate any interests the residents have in art or craft work, competitions of various forms, and outings to the theatre or shopping trips.